Sorrie cliques if this is too heartrending. O_O Changna will write fluffy ones for the next one. ~next one, LOL, pls wait~
I have also posted this in my LJ
Dedicated to Yoosu (my 2nd OTP after Yunjae who is always my top OTP)

Pairing: Yoosu
Genre: Angst O_O
Length: One Shot
Summary: Micky, a 25 yr composer who met Junsu at Seoul hospital after being admitted due to an asthma relapse.
"I love you... Sarang handaneun ee mahl bak ggae neun..." The song by "Position" echoed in the car while I hummed along. It brought back the memoirs I had with him, me playing the notes, whilst he sang to the rhythm. Instantly, the disobedient tears trickled down.
"I love you... Sarang handaneun ee mahl bak ggae neun..." The song by "Position" echoed in the car while I hummed along. It brought back the memoirs I had with him, me playing the notes, whilst he sang to the rhythm. Instantly, the disobedient tears trickled down.
-------------
One year ago, I was admitted to Seoul Hospital for a severe asthma relapse thanks to the fact of my intense intake of nicotine. Cigarettes have hooked up my life when I was merely 15 partly being influenced by mates, while the other half; it greatly alleviated the tension torment. What's worst was it triggered the asthma I had since a kid.
Reminiscing the time, I was gasping for oxygen, both hands clutching at my agonizing chest. I thought I was going to meet my maker soon. Fortunately, some kind soul passed by, noticed my presence struggling for survival inside the studio and dialed for the ambulance.
I was being charged to ward A42 under observation. All the while, I was lying on the white sheets feeling anesthetized. One tube was inserted through my mouth for replenishment of nourishment and another through my nostril. I could sense the sharp needle pricked at my palm, the instantaneous ache made me realise I was still living.
I remembered my mom grabbing my left hand, weeping and simultaneously reprimanded me for smoking excessviely. My younger brother stood besides her giving me a beam, whilst I winked back. He was not any better than me, akin to me, he was an active smoker. My mom was merely fretted that I would take the same path as my dad, who passed away diagnosing of lung cancer due to extreme smoking.
So a few days, I was analogous to a Mummy except that there were no bandages wrapped around. Occasionally, nurses and doctors walked into my ward to check on me. On the 4th day, they finally removed the tubes and I was able to take a stroll outside the field. Sitting on the bench, I inhaled in fresh air and stood under the bright sunlight. Living for 25 years, I never appreciated the natural green surroundings around me till this moment. Whilst I was gaping at the clear blue sky, attempting to create a tune in my head, I heard someone singing a lullaby. His crystal, clear voice drew me to walk over his direction.
I spotted a bunch of kids surrounding this guy in this early 20s I supposed, on a wheelchair, humming along with him. From the white pajamas he wore, without doubt, he was similar to me, one of the patients of the hospital. His face might look pale but his firm, sturdy vocal captivated every single audience, including me where my fingers tapped along with the rhythm.
Everyone applauded at the end and some kids yelled: "We want more, we want more!" The feeble guy beamed adorably. "Is time kids for big brother to have his rest!" One of the nurses spoke while pushing the wheelchair around towards the entrance. "Bye fellow pals, see you all tomorrow, same time same venue!" He waved. The wheelchair passed by my direction and he looked up at me. I threw him a "good" sign with my right thumb, and I saw his whitish face turned a tad pinkish, smiled back. "Same time, same venue..." I said.
However, he was not there the next day, I spotted some disheartened kids at the same place, outcried: "We want Su, we want to hear him sing!" Two nurses came by and soothe the kids while one spoke: "I'm sorry kids; big brother is not feeling well, so today singing is cancelled. Now go back to your rooms." "Nooooo" The kids yelled.
I intervened since I was bore stiffed. "Erm sorry, I saw a piano when I walked pass the nursery room. Is it possible I can play and entertain the bunch of kids for today?" The children brightened their eyes, moved their glance from me and back to the two nurses. One of the nurses muttered to the other and uttered: "Yes sir, if you don't mind to be our performer for today!" I nodded and grinned to them. "YEAH!" All of the kids cheered and we proceeded to the nursery room. I played some familiar lullabies whilst the kids sang along. I confessed this was one of the blissful times I had since the moment I was admitted here.
The following day, the kids were waiting for me outside the nursery room, and besides them stood the wheelchair guy, which I only knew he was called "Su". He was a soft spoken chap whom got blushed easily. He introduced himself as Junsu which later I understood from the nurses he was an orphan and was warded here because of leukemia, pending for a suitable bone marrow.
Subsequently, both of us became the entertainer in the hospital, as not just children gathered, adults also joined in the crowd. Music had made us the best of pals. I gradually recovered after more than one week of admission, but my partner's condition deteriorated. There was once he vomitted in front of the piano during the rehearsal which luckily no one was around in the room and he sobbed.
At that juncture, I was panicked.
I gaped at him, unsure what should I do. He stared at me with his weepy eyes and asked: "Yoochun Hyung, can I hug you?" Without hesitation, I nodded. He continued to snivel at my shoulders and suddenly he requested: "Hyung, can you be at my side if one day God is going to take me away?"
I was utterly astonished at his statement and scolded him: "What rubbish are you spitting, Su? God is not taking you away. He will not take away good-natured souls!" stroking his hair with my right hand and gaped at the dropping strands, continued: "I will be there for you wherever you need me!"
"Promise??" his childlike eyes looked at me, wriggling his last finger. I chortled faintly, wrapped both of his hands with mine and gave a peck on his forehead.
He widened his eyes and inquired: "Hyung, can we play this song "I love you" by "Position"? This is one of my favourites!" "Why not?" I responded. He wiped the tears with his hand and once again I saw him smile.
'Could I keep the promise?' I marveled and beamed back.
I recovered swiftly and I was able to discharge the next day after the doctor had given me a final examination. The kids did not bear to see me leave and most of them wept knowing I was leaving soon.
I was about to notify Junsu when he excitedly wheeled into my ward and called: "Yoochun Hyung, I have good news!" whilst I was packing up my belongings. He turned stunned:" Hyung, you leaving??" I nodded, walked over and embraced him: "I promise I will come to visit you as often as I can!" and added: "Erm, what good news you are just saying?"
"I..I.." he staggered. I heard his nose giving a sniff. "I will be undergoing an operation soon, as the doctors tell me they have found a suitable bone marrow for me!" "Oh, that's great!" I managed a smile. He began to whimper: "Hyung, will you visit me on the day of my operation?" I faltered and replied: "Yes, I promise." "After you have fully recover, I will bring you around Seoul and must probably you can visit my working studio." "Really!!" He wiped his tears. I gave a swift kiss on his forehead.
After I had discharged, piles of work were waiting for me to complete. Most of the time, I was trapped in the studio, busily composing and editing, till late at night when everyone had leave the place. I was immersed in my work that even there was inadequate time attending phone calls. Junsu called me several times, but hastily I ended the call. "Su ah, I'm busy right now, will get back to you." But yet, consistently I failed to revert.
I knew that Junsu sounded disappointed call after call, when gradually his phone calls became lesser until I received none.
It was weeks after my discharge when I deserved a short break. I decided to visit Junsu. Blissfully, I bought some of his favourtie chicken sticks and headed my car towards Seoul Hospital.
Entering into his ward, I realised the person who slept there was not him. I walked out and saw one of the familiar faces, the nurse who attended to Junsu was stunned to see me, I beamed, but then I noticed she forced out a smile and dug into her pocket to pull out a misty blue envelope, handed to me.
The envelope wrote: "To my beloved Yoochun Hyung"
I sat at the bench in the nursery room and read.
Dear Yoochun Hyung,
Once you read this letter, I bet God has already taken me away from him. Thank you for your accompany all this while. I enjoyed during the times when we performed together, you have brought joy into my life. Really, you are special to me.
At this point, my uncontrollable tears trickling down my cheeks and dripped onto the letter, causing the ink to smirk a little. 'You are special to me too, Su' Hyung,
I know you are busy all this while. Sorry for all the hassle I have brought to you!
'No Su, is me, the dumb me, who have broke the promise. I should not have acceded initially if I was not even certain to follow! I loathe myself for not be there for you!'
I don't blame you, for not coming to see me. Even though you are busy, you still pick up my phone calls. I am really blissful to hear your voice.
In my next life, I want to become a gal. A gal who will not only be your friend, but one who will give you warmth and cheerfulness when you are down, one who will be at home doing housework, waiting for you to come home. I bet you will be an understanding guy whom will shower abundant love to me!
Hyung, I LOVE YOU!
I wrapped my palms over my puffy eyes and laid my head down on my tights. 'I love you too, Su......" I broke down into tears.
-----------------------------------------------------------
And 4th of Jun is wuli dorky boy's birthday.... 생일 축하합니다!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment